- Abraham, Anna (2018) The Neuroscience of Creativity. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, U.K.
- Amabile, Teresa (2017) Creativity and Motivation. The Brainwaves Video Anthology. Accessed 15 Sept, 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRnvox6_o2M
- Amabile, T. M. (2012) Componential Theory of Creativity. Working Paper 12-096 Harvard Business School. Accessed online 23 September 2019 at https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/publication%20files/12-096.pdf
- Amabile, T. (1983) The Social Psychology of Creativity: A Componential Conceptualization. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 1983, Vol 45, No. 2, 357-376. Accessed 0nline 2 November 2019 https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-Social-Psychology-of-Creativity%3A-A-Componential-Amabile/f4a6a2c5a16db418e00592e5c7e801dad5079fa3
- Arinze, E. N. (1999) The Role of the Museum in Society. Public lecture at the National Museum, Georgetown, Guyana. Accessed online 11 July, 2019. http://www.maltwood.uvic.ca/cam/activities/past_conferences/1999conf/batch1/CAM%2799-EmmanuelArinze.GuyanaFinal.pdf
- Armitage, Guy (2015) Creativity will Set Us Apart. TEDx talk, Courtauld Institute. Accessed online 9 May 2022 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQVotsYV0Q
- Astle, David (2018) Rewording the Brain : how cryptic crosswords can improve your memory and boost the power and agility of your brain. Allen and Unwin, Crows Nest, Australia
- Atavar, M. (2018) Being Creative: Be Inspired. Unlock Your Creativity. Quarto Publishing, London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 153.35 ATA)
- Bacharach, Estanislao. The Agile Mind. Penguin, New York, U.S.A.
(Wollongong Library 153.35 BAC)
- Bar, Moshe (2022) Mindwandering: How it can improve your mood and boost your creativity. Bloomsbury. London. U.K.
- Barker, Alan (2012) How to Solve Almost any Problem. Pearson. Harlow, U.K.
(Wollongong 658.403 BAR)
- Beaty, Roger., Benedek, Mathias., Kaufman, Scott., ands Silvia, Paul. (2014) Default and Executive Network Coupling Supports Creative Idea Production. Sci. Rep. 5, 10964; doi: 10.1038/srep10964 Accessed online 2 Aug, 2022 at: https://www.nature.com/articles/srep10964
- Bell, Ed (2019) The 30-Day Creativity Challenge. The Song Foundry. New York, U.S.A.
- Berger, Warren. (2018) The Book of Beautiful Questions. Bloomsbury Publishing New York. U.S.A.
(Georges River Library 650.1 BERG)
- Bilby, C., Caulfield, L. and Ridley, L. (2013) Re-Imagining Futures: exploring arts interventions and the process of desistance. Arts Alliance London, U.K. Accessed online 12 July, 2019. http://www.artsevidence.org.uk/media/uploads/re-imagining-futures-research-report-final.pdf
- Birss, Dave (2018) How to Get Great Ideas. Nicholas Brealey Publishing
((Wollongong Library 153.35 BIRS)
- Brandt, A. and Eagleman, D. (2017) The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World. Canongate Edinburgh U.K.
(Wollongong Library 153 BRA)
- Brokis, Jenny (2016) Future Brain: The Twelve Keys to Create Your High-Performance Brain. John Wiley and Sons. Milton, Qld. Australia
(Georges River Library 612.82 BROC)
- Buchman, Lorne (2021) Make to Know: From Spaces of Uncertainty to Creative Discovery. Thames and Hudson. London, U.K.
- Burkus, David. (2014) The Myths of Creativity. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco U.S.A.
- Carter, Rita. (2009) The Brain Book. Dorling Kindersley (DK) Publishing, London, U.K.
(Wollongong library 612.82 CAR)
- Christensen, Tanner (2015) The Creativity Challenge. Adams Media. Mass. U.S.A.
- Cleese, John (2020) Creativity: A Short and Cheerful Guide. Penguin Random House. London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 153.35 CLE)
- Clift, S, and Camic, P. (2016) Introduction to the Field of Creative Arts, Wellbeing and Health: achievements and current challenges. In Clift, S, and Camic, P. (eds) Creative Arts, Health and Wellbeing. Oxford University Press. Oxford, U.K. Accessed online 12 July, 2019. https://oxfordmedicine.com/view/10.1093/med/9780199688074.001.0001/med-9780199688074
- Conner, Tamlin, DeYoung, Colin and Silvia, Paul. (2016) Everyday Creative Activity as a Path to Flourishing. Journal of Positive Psychology, November 2016. Accessed online 15 September, 2020.
- Corballis, Michael. (2011) The Recursive Mind. Princeton University Press. New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Corliss, Richard (2006) Bob Dylan at 65. Time Magazine, Wednesday May 24, 2006. Accessed online, 19 May 2020, at http://content.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1197784,00.html
- Cropley, D., and Cropley, A. (2013). Creativity and Crime: a psychological analysis. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, U.K.
- Crow, D. (2014) Why Every Child Should Learn to Code. The Guardian 8 Feb, 2014. Accessed online 12 July, 2019. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/07/year-of-code-dan-crow-songkick
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1996) Creativity: the psychology of discovery and invention. Harper Collins New York, U.S.A.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1992) Flow. Harper Random House. London, U.K.
- Moran, S. (2010) The Roles of Creativity in Society. In Kaufman, J and Sternberg, R (eds) The Cambridge Handbook of Creativity. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, U.K.
- David, Alfred. (2019) The Secret Life of the Brain: Unlocking the Mysteries of the Brain. Cassell, London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.82 DAV)
- Davis, M. (2018) How to enter the ‘flow state’ for effortless creativity: Taking a modern look at a millennia-old concept. Accessed 02 November, 2019 https://bigthink.com/personal-growth/what-is-the-flow-state
- De Brabandere, Luc and Iny, Alan. (2013) Thinking in New Boxes. Random House. New York. U.S.A.
(Wollongong Library 658.40714 BRA)
- Doidge, Norman. (2007) The Brain that Changes itself. Scribe Publications Melbourne Australia
- Edwards, Betty (2012) Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Penguin Group, New York U.S.A.
- Fuster, Joaquîn (2013) The Neuroscience of Freedom and Creativity: Our Predictive Brain. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, U.K.
- Gabora, Liane. (2010) Revenge of the ‘Neurds’: Characterizing Creative Thought in Terms of the Structure and Dynamics of Memory. Creativity Research Journal Vol. 22, No. 1. Accessed 26 may 2020 at https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2010-07796-001
- Gaiman, Neil. Riddell, Chris (illus). (2018) Art Matters: Because your imagination Can Change the World. Harper Collins. New York U.S.A.
(Georges River Library 808.02 GAIM)
- Gannet, Allen, (2018) The Creative Curve. WH Allen. London, UK.
(Wollongong Library 650.1)
- George, Alison (2018) How Your Brain Works. New scientist Instant Expert series. Hachette London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.82 HOW)
- George, Alison (2018) The Brain: A User’s Guide. Hachette London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.82 GEO)
- Gilbert, Elizabeth. (2015) Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear. Bloomsbury. London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 153.35 GIL)
- Gompertz, W. (2015) Think Like an Artist and Lead a More Creative, Productive Life. Abrams Image New York U.S.A
- Gosling, Emily. (20180 Great Minds Don’t Think Alike. Octopus publishing. London U.K.
(Georges River Library 153.35 GOSL)
- Grout, Pam (2017) Art and Soul Reloaded. Hay House, Sydney Australia
(Georges River Library 153.35 GROU)
- Hayes, Nicky (2018) Your Brain and You: A Simple Guide to Neuropsychology. Teach Yourself Books (Hachette) London U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.8 HAY)
- Hennessey, B. and Amabile, T. (2010) Creativity. The Annual Review of Psychology 61:569-98 accessed online 18 September, 2019 at https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.psych.093008.100416
- Howcroft, Russel (2019) The Right Brain Workout: Retrain your brain to be more creative in 10 weeks. Penguin Books
(Wollongong Library 153.35 How)
- Hunter, Paul (2015) Colouring Books Designed for Adults Topping Bestseller Lists. The Star. Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. Accessed online 26 November 2020 at https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2015/04/06/colouring-books-designed-for-adults-topping-bestseller-lists.html
- Judkins, R. (2015) The Art of Creative Thinking. Spectre. London U.K.
(Wollongong Library153.42 JUD)
- Kaufman, Scott Barry and Gregoire, Carolyn. (2015) Wired to Create: Unravelling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind. Penguin Random House New York, U.S.A.
- Kaufman, Scott Barry (2014) The Mind of the Prodigy. Beautiful Minds Blog, Scientific American. New Yor U.S.A. Access online 6 April 2020 at https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/the-mind-of-the-prodigy/
- Korkki, Phyllis. The Big Thing. Harper Collins. New York U.S.A.
(Wollongong Library 153.35 KOR)
- Langley, Josh. (2018) Find Your Creative Mojo. Big Sky Publishing Newport, Australia
(Wollongong Library 153.35 LAN)
- Lee, Christine, Anne Huggins-Manley and Therriault, David. (2014) A Measure of Creativity or Intelligence? Examining Internal and External Structure Validity Evidence of the Remote Associates Test. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity and the Arts. Vol. 8, No 4. Accessed online on 13 April, 2020 at
- Lehrer, Jonah. (2012) Imagine: The Science of Creativity. Text Publishing. Melbourne, Australia
(Wollongong Library 153.35 LEH)
- Lincolne, Pip. (2015) Craft for the Soul. Viking an imprint of Penguin Books. Melbourne, Australia.
Wollongong Library 153.3 LIN
- Loudon, Gareth. (2019) How a Sense of Purpose can Link Creativity to Happiness. The Conversation, September 5, 2019. Accessed online 15 September, 2020. https://theconversation.com/how-a-sense-of-purpose-can-link-creativity-to-happiness-115335
- Malcolm, Lynne, Andrews, Kylie. (2019) What Drives Creativity? A Complex Network that Scientists are Striving to Better Understand. ABC News 17 August, 2019
Accessed online 10 January 2020 at https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2019-08-17/creativity-neuroscience-your-brain/11420898
- Mauskapf, M., Quintane, E., Askin, N. and Mol, J. ( 2017) Embeddedness and the Production of Novelty in Music: A Multi-Dimensional Perspective. Academy of Management Proceedings Vol. 2017 No. 1. Accessed online 18 September, 2019 at
- McGilcrist, Iain. RSA Animate. (no date) The Divided Brain. TED talk. Accessed online 14 January 2020 at https://www.ted.com/talks/iain_mcgilchrist_the_divided_brain
- McGilcrist, Iain. (2009) The Master and his Emissary: The Divided World and the Making of the Western World. Yale University Press, New Haven, U.S.A.
(Wollongong Library 612.825 MCG)
- Nichols, M. (2018) How to Teach Kids to Code in a Classroom: with or without computers. Silicon Republic. Ireland. Accessed online 12 July 2019 https://www.siliconrepublic.com/advice/how-to-teach-coding-unplugged
- Nordengen, Kaja. (2016) Your Superstar Brain: Unlocking the Secrets of the Human Mind. Piatkus, London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.82 NOR)
- Norris, Dan. (2016) Create or Hate: Successful People Make Things. Self-published danmorris.me
(Wollongong Library 153.5 NOR)
- Pannells, T. C. and Claxton, A. F. (2008) Happiness, Creative Ideation, and Locus of Control. Creativity Research Journal 21 (1) Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group. London U.K.
- Rich, J. and DeVitis, J. (1992) Competition in Education. Charles C. Thomas, Springfield Ill., U.S.A.
- Pringle, Andrew, Sowden, Paul, Deeley, Carys and Sharma, Sarika. (2016) Shifting Between Modes of Thought: A Domain General Creative Thinking Skill? In Reisman, Fredricka (ed.) Creativity in Arts, Science and Technology. Proceedings of the 2016 Knowledge, Innovation and Enterprise Conference. KIE Conference Publications, U.K. Accessed online on 10 August 2021 at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312592085_Shifting_between_modes_of_thought_a_domain-general_creative_thinking_skill
- Rickabaugh, Brandon. (2018) Against Emergent Dualism. In Loose, Jonathan (ed.) The Blackwell Companion to Substance Dualism Wiley Blackwell New Jersey, U.S.A. Also online, accessed 27 April 2020 at https://philarchive.org/archive/RICAED-2
- Richtel, Matt (2022) Inspired: Understanding Creativity, a journey through art, science and the soul.
- Harper Collins New York, U.S.A.
- Robertson, T. (2013) Arts in Prison: why cut our chance to create crime-free futures? The Guardian 25 Nov, 2013. Accessed online 12 July 2019 at https://www.theguardian.com/culture-professionals-network/culture-professionals-blog/2013/nov/25/arts-rehab-crime-criminal-justice
- Robinson, K. (2011) Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative. Capstone Publishing Chichester UK
- (Wollongong Library 153.53 ROB)
- Rotter, J. (1966) Generalized Expectancies for Internal Versus External Control Of Reinforcement. Psychological Monographs: General and Applied Vol 80, No. 1. Accessed online 3 November 2019 at https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/161c/b7ac92d7571042bb11ebdaaa1175be8079f8.pdf
- Siegel, Daniel (2010) Dr Dan Siegel Defines the Mind. An excerpt from Dr Dan Siegel’s talk at the launch of his book “Mindsight” on January 13, 2010 at Santa Monica, U.S.A. Accessed online on April 30, 2020 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdq04xbHAs
- Siegel, Dan. (2016) Defining the Mind with Dr Dan Seigel. The Garrison Institute. Accessed on 30 April, 2020 at
- Simonton, Dean (2011) Creativity and Discovery as Blind Variation: Campbell’s (1960) BVSR Model After the Half Century Mark. Review of General Psychology 2011, Vol. 15, No 2. Accessed online on 12 April 2020 at https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7260/21ff81fe003d03b0181aead969a1d777d174.pdf
- Stosuy, Brandon (2021) Stay Inspired: Finding Motivation for Your Creative Work. Adams New York, U.S.A.
- Stuckey, Heather L. (2010) The Connection between Art, Healing and public Health: A Review of Current Literature. American Journal of Public Health, February 2010. Vol 100 No.2. Accessed online 26 November 2020 at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2804629/
- Turner, Mark (2014)The Origin of Ideas: Blending Creativity and The Human Spark. Oxford University Press, Oxford U.K.
(Wollongong 153.2 TUR)
- Turney, Jon. (2018) Cracking Neuroscience. Cassell, London, U.K.
(Wollongong Library 612.8 TUR)
- Wilkinson, Any (2015) The Creator’s Code. Simon and Schuster. London, U.K.
- Williams, Caroline (2017) Override: MY Quest to go Beyond Brain Training and Take Control of My Mind. Scribe, Brunswick, Vic., Australia.
(Wollongong Library 612.8 WIL)
- Winell, M. (1993) Leaving the Fold. The Apocryphile Press. Berkeley U.S.A.